595. Notice to treat by acquiring authority in respect of part of agricultural land.

Where an acquiring authority1 serves notice to treat in respect of any agricultural land2 on a person, whether in occupation or not, who has a greater interest in the land than as tenant3 for a year or from year to year, and that person has such an interest in other agricultural land comprised in the same agricultural unit4, that person (the 'claimant') may, within two months beginning on the date of service of the notice to treat, serve a counter-notice5 on the authority claiming that the other land is not reasonably capable of being farmed, either by itself or