722. Improvement and adaptation of allotment land.

A district council or, in Wales, a county or county borough council1 may, where it considers it is necessary or expedient to do so for the better carrying into effect of the Small Holdings and Allotments Acts 1908 to 19312, erect, repair or improve dwelling houses and other buildings on any land3 acquired by it for the purposes of allotments4, or execute any other improvement on or in connection with and for the benefit of any such land, or arrange with the tenant of any such land for the execution of any such improvement on such terms as may