544. Entitlement to compensation for disturbance.

(vi)     Compensation for Disturbance

544.     Entitlement to compensation for disturbance.

Under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 the tenant's1 entitlement to compensation for disturbance may arise:


    (1)     in certain limited circumstances where the tenancy terminates2 in consequence of a notice to quit given by the landlord3 or of a counter-notice given by the tenant, enlarging the landlord's notice to quit part of the holding4, and the tenant quits the holding in consequence of the notice or counter-notice5; or


    (2)     where the tenant's interest is compulsorily acquired6.

The Agricultural Holdings Act 1986 grants the tenant the right to receive basic compensation7