760. Control by Rural Development Boards of transfers of land.

Subject to a number of exceptions1, any transfer2 of land within the area of a Rural Development Board3 requires the board's written consent4. For these purposes, 'land' means agricultural land5, woodland6, unenclosed mountain, hill or heath land, or common or waste land7. An application for consent must be in such form as the board directs; and the board may refuse or grant the consent applied for8. The board may not refuse consent unless it is satisfied that the land, if acquired by it:


    (1)     can suitably be used or disposed of by it to effect amalgamations9 or to promote