550. Compensation for quitting part of a holding.

A tenant1 may be given notice2 to quit part of a holding in four circumstances:


    (1)     where such a notice is valid in specified cases3;


    (2)     in the case of a notice to quit within Case G (death of the tenant)4 where the Tribunal5 gives consent in relation to only part of the holding6;


    (3)     under a clause in the contract of tenancy7; and


    (4)     by the owner of a severed part of the reversion8.

Only in the first and last mentioned cases may he enlarge the landlord's9 notice into a notice to quit the whole10.

Should the tenant quit part