608. Application for obtaining land improvement charge.

An application to the Secretary of State or the Welsh Ministers1 for the purpose of obtaining a charge for improvements under the Improvement of Land Act 1864, or the Acts amending or extending it2, may be made by any landowner3.

In the case of persons under a disability, such as minors, the application may be made by their guardians or other representatives4. Where the land to which the application relates is held in right of an ecclesiastical benefice, the Secretary of State or the Welsh Ministers must not sanction the improvement until the patron of the benefice and the bishop