733. Advances for maintenance of cottage holdings.

Councils may advance money to owners of cottage holdings1 provided by them or purchased with their assistance2 for the purpose of constructing, altering or adapting houses or farm buildings on the holding, and may guarantee advances, including interest, made for those purposes by a building, industrial or provident society to owners who are members of that society3. The council must be satisfied that the houses will be in all respects fit for human habitation, and that the houses and buildings will be necessary for the requirements of the cottage holdings