246. Who may be appointed as guardian.


The High Court2 may only appoint a person as a guardian in respect of property or financial affairs of a missing person3 if it is satisfied that the person:


    (1)     is an individual aged at least 18 or a trust corporation4;


    (2)     consents to the appointment5;


    (3)     is suitable to act as the guardian of the property or financial affairs6; and


    (4)     if appointed, will act in the missing person's best interests7.

For the purposes of determining whether the proposed guardian is suitable to act as the guardian of property or financial affairs, the court must, among other things, have