241. Applying for a guardianship order.

241.     Applying for a guardianship order.


A person may apply to the High Court2 for an order appointing a guardian in respect of some or all of a missing person's property and financial affairs3. For a guardianship order to be made, the applicant must have a sufficient interest in relation to the missing person's property or financial affairs4. For these purposes, the following applicants are treated as having a sufficient interest5:


    (1)     the missing person and the missing person's personal representatives6;


    (2)     the missing person's spouse, civil