About this event
Digitalisation has transformed UK immigration practice in recent years, from online application procedures and the introduction of digital status in some routes, through to the 2019 expansion of use of eGates by certain ‘low risk’ nationalities. The pace of change is not going to let up, as the government’s stated intention is for a ‘fully digital border’ by 2025. Keeping on top of these changes is now a crucial element of day-to-day practice.
This webinar will look at key practical issues and problems in the digitalisation of UK immigration control, and how the legal regime underpinning the new processes can struggle to keep up.
Topics covered will include:
- E-Gates/examination on entry and the future Electronic Travel Authorisation regime
- Digitalisation and the EU Settlement Scheme; application and post-application experiences, including at the border
- Digital application procedures, the Sponsorship Roadmap and new illegal working systems
- Data sharing/use of data and privacy
- Automated decision making