About this Event
7 – 8 February 2022 GTM will be returning to their spiritual home at Wyboston Lakes for DevEv 8.
As ever, DevEv will involve a number of fun, interactive and practical sessions covering a variety of workshops dedicated to developing you and broadening your knowledge across 2 days. Also, it wouldn't be a GTM event without a party to celebrate the successes of 2021, catch up with those you haven't seen in a while and get excited about the year ahead.
We understand the concern about coming together as a GTM community and we will continue to monitor government advice especially with the recent news of the Omicron variant. However, at this point we are continuing to plan for an in person event at Wyboston Lakes in February 2022. We have collated your common questions and have provided responses below.
Please use this form to register for DevEv 8 by Friday 10th December. Include any dietary requirements, access or medical arrangements and any other important information. For long distance travelers please also indicate if you would require accommodation the day before on the 6th.
Who needs to attend?
We are looking forward to seeing all of GTM at DevEv. However, we understand some people have a health condition which will means they are high risk or are caring for a relative or loved one who is at high risk from COVID-19 and attending may be difficult. If you are declining this invite for this reason please also let your manager know before completing the survey.
Can DevEv be a hybrid event?
Unfortunately, due to nature of the event this will not be possible. All workshops will be recorded and you will have access to them after the event.
How can I travel to the event?
Some of you highlighted you were concerned about travelling on public transport to the event. You can travel to the event by any means you feel comfortable with. You can expense your travel (no private taxis for long journeys) in line with company policy and approved by your manager. You may wish to consider other alternatives like carpooling with those who live nearby.
What happens if the government changes guidance or cases increase?
We will closely monitor government guidance and will make any necessary changes to the event to ensure we are in line with government guidance and NHS recommendations.
Event Safety and COVID precautions
To ensure the safety of the team we have confirmed the below safety precautions that will be in place for the event.
Before the event
You will need to present this negative result upon arrival at the venue.
During the Events
The Venue – Wyboston Lakes (WBL)
Wyboston Lakes Resort Great North Road, Wyboston, Bedfordshire, MK44 3AL
- Wyboston Lakes Resort has been recognized by two industry bodies for first-class event facilities and commitment to health, hygiene, and safety standards, which have become paramount following Covid-19 (read here)
- Wyboston Lakes (WBL) has been used for test events for Government and Public Health England test events and therefore a stringent Covid policies and procedures are in place to ensure the health & Safety of the guests
General Event & Hotel
- Cleaning Regime: A focus on ensuring bedrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are cleaned regularly.
- Safe meeting rooms: Extra sanitising, cleaning kits, disposable items will be in place
- Your Bedroom: Bedrooms will be sealed prior to delegates using them. Each room will be deep cleaned after your stay with us.
- Ventilation: Aircon in the event rooms provides fresh filtered air whilst expelling old air
- Masks are requested but are not mandatory, and we strongly recommend that at LNUK staff attending DevEv use masks at all times when not eating or drinking.
- Automated Temperature checks on arrival at Wyboston Lakes
- Lateral Flow tests for anyone with a high temperature that does not subside
- Masks will be required by all Attendees when in the big Tent
- You will be placed in specific groups throughout your time to minimise cross over
- Door Handles and other common surfaces will be disinfected between sessions
- Hand sanitiser available throughout the venue
- This will be optional for people to attend (we will need to know beforehand if you would like to attend)
- Additional rooms will be available to ensure the event isn’t congested and more space is allowed between attendees
We will continue to monitor the situation and welcome any feedback
For any other enquiries please contact the DevEv 8 Project team.