Rely on the most comprehensive, up-to-date legal content designed and curated by lawyers for lawyers
Work faster and smarter to improve your drafting productivity without increasing risk
Accelerate the creation and use of high quality and trusted legal documents and forms
Streamline how you manage your legal business with proven tools and processes
Manage risk and compliance in your organisation to reduce your risk profile
Stay up to date and informed with insights from our trusted experts, news and information sources
Access the best content in the industry, effortlessly — confident that your news is trustworthy and up to date.
With over 30 practice areas, we have all bases covered. Find out how we can help
Our trusted tax intelligence solutions, highly-regarded exam training and education materials help guide and tutor Tax professionals
Regulatory, business information and analytics solutions that help professionals make better decisions
A leading provider of software platforms for professional services firms
In-depth analysis, commentary and practical information to help you protect your business
LexisNexis Blogs shed light on topics affecting the legal profession and the issues you're facing
Legal professionals trust us to help navigate change. Find out how we help ensure they exceed expectations
Lex Chat is a LexisNexis current affairs podcast sharing insights on topics for the legal profession
Discuss the latest legal developments, ask questions, and share best practice with other LexisPSL subscribers
As we review the year, and look forward to 2020 and future planning, click below to read some of our most popular and stand out pieces from the year.
The following articles are featured:
1. Aligning legal risk to the risk appetite of the business – Sophie Carter, Global Head of Legal and Company Secretary, Christie’s
2. The future of work 2025: AI, automation and the legal profession
3. The future of work 2025: Mobility, culture and the flexi-lawyer
4. 3 case studies for in-house lawyers
5. Making a Difference In-House and Beyond – An Interview with the Anglo American and De Beers Group Legal Team
6. Financial Services Trends to Watch – Q4 – The FCA power shift
7. How to be a business partner - Richard Mabey, CEO of Juro
8. 5 Fintech trends driving the financial services industry in 2020
9. Risk and Compliance update - December
10. The Bionic Lawyer — Maximising value creation in the legal eco system, Rob Booth GC and CoSec, The Crown Estate (2 parts)
“As a legal department, yes we have to look at strategic direction…but we also have to bear in mind those fundamentals…reputation and client trust.”
More and more, the legal function has moved away from being a business backstop that is seen as overly conservative or a “non-business-minded” cost centre operating reactively to legal requests. Instead, in-house counsel increasingly take a far more proactive stance, work to add value to their organisations, are prepared to challenge at the highest level and actively shape how their business carries out its objectives.
In this TED-style presentation, Sophie Carter, Global Head of Legal and Company Secretary at Christie’s speaks on risk and strategy and what those really mean to her business, the importance of alignment between legal and the business and the foundations needed to achieve this.
Access this article and thousands of others like it free by subscribing to our blog.
Read full article
Already a subscriber? Login
0330 161 1234