Rely on the most comprehensive, up-to-date legal content designed and curated by lawyers for lawyers
Work faster and smarter to improve your drafting productivity without increasing risk
Accelerate the creation and use of high quality and trusted legal documents and forms
Streamline how you manage your legal business with proven tools and processes
Manage risk and compliance in your organisation to reduce your risk profile
Stay up to date and informed with insights from our trusted experts, news and information sources
Access the best content in the industry, effortlessly — confident that your news is trustworthy and up to date.
Find up-to-date guidance on points of law and then easily pull up sources to support your advice with Lexis PSL
Check out our straightforward definitions of common legal terms.
Speed up all aspects of your legal work with tools that help you to work faster and smarter.
Our trusted tax intelligence solutions, highly-regarded exam training and education materials help guide and tutor Tax professionals
Access our unrivalled global news content, business information and analytics solutions
Insurance, risk and compliance intelligence using big data, proprietary linking and advanced analytics.
A leading provider of software platforms for professional services firms
In-depth analysis, commentary and practical information to help you protect your business
LexisNexis Blogs shed light on topics affecting the legal profession and the issues you're facing
Our latest thinking on key legal industry developments
Legal professionals trust us to help navigate change. Find out how we help ensure they exceed expectations
Discuss the latest legal developments, ask questions, and share best practice with other LexisPSL subscribers
LexisNexis have recently published our latest report, Trends in UK public M&A deals in 2019.
It combines an in-depth review of key transactions with detailed statistical analysis, extracted from the Market Tracker transaction database, to identify current and emerging trends in this area.
Click here to download a PDF copy of the report.
• a significant increase in deal volume (66 firm offers), but a decrease in deal value (£53.6bn aggregate deal value) compared with 2018 (42 firm offers with £122.1bn aggregate deal value)
• record levels of private equity activity (32 firm offers with £25.7bn aggregate deal value) and increase in number of consortium or ‘club’ deals
• an examination of the different forms of shareholder activism in public M&A transactions during 2019
• specific deal focus on the biggest transactions of 2019
• deal volume and value analysed by industry sector
• a look at the effect of a strong dollar and weak sterling on the dominance of non-UK bidders
• analysis of the legal and regulatory developments and various competition/anti-trust developments that impacted deal activity in 2019
Thank you to:
Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK
* denotes a required field
Amy is an established writer and researcher, having contributed to publications, such as The Law Society, LPM, City A.M. and Financial IT. Her role at LexisNexis UK involved leading content and thought leadership, as well as writing research reports, including "The Bellwether Report 2020, Covid-19: The next chapter" and "Are medium-sized firms the change-makers in legal?"
0330 161 1234