Rely on the most comprehensive, up-to-date legal content designed and curated by lawyers for lawyers
Work faster and smarter to improve your drafting productivity without increasing risk
Accelerate the creation and use of high quality and trusted legal documents and forms
Streamline how you manage your legal business with proven tools and processes
Manage risk and compliance in your organisation to reduce your risk profile
Stay up to date and informed with insights from our trusted experts, news and information sources
Access the best content in the industry, effortlessly — confident that your news is trustworthy and up to date.
Find up-to-date guidance on points of law and then easily pull up sources to support your advice with Lexis PSL
Check out our straightforward definitions of common legal terms.
Our trusted tax intelligence solutions, highly-regarded exam training and education materials help guide and tutor Tax professionals
Access our unrivalled global news content, business information and analytics solutions
Insurance, risk and compliance intelligence using big data, proprietary linking and advanced analytics.
A leading provider of software platforms for professional services firms
In-depth analysis, commentary and practical information to help you protect your business
LexisNexis Blogs shed light on topics affecting the legal profession and the issues you're facing
Legal professionals trust us to help navigate change. Find out how we help ensure they exceed expectations
Lex Chat is a LexisNexis current affairs podcast sharing insights on topics for the legal profession
Discuss the latest legal developments, ask questions, and share best practice with other LexisPSL subscribers
Nova Resources B.V. (Bidco), the vehicle acquiring FTSE 250 copper miner Kaz Minerals on behalf of company Chair, Oleg Novachuk, and director, Vladmir Kim, announced that it will now be implementing the acquisition by way of takeover offer.
Novachuk and Kim, who currently hold 39% of shares in Kaz Minerals, proposed to acquire the remaining 61% of shares and delist the company. The offer was originally structured as a scheme of arrangement – a structure many suitors opt for, as it guarantees the acquiring party will end up with 100% of the company, should the scheme be approved.
The court hearing and general meeting to approve the £3bn takeover were originally scheduled for early December but were postponed after the company ran into opposition from minority shareholders who felt the opportunistic offer undervalued the company and its prospects. The opposing shareholders, CFC Management and RWC partners, hold stakes of 3.6% and 3.3% in Kaz respectively. The scheme of arrangement structure would have required a collective holding of only 12% to sink the deal, a fate that would be binding on all shareholders.
The new structure of a takeover offer allows interested shareholders to accept the offer of 640 pence per share, regardless of the opposition, subject the acceptance threshold of 75% being met. However, this arrangement means that Novachuk and Kim are no longer guaranteed to acquire 100% of the issued share capital of Kaz.
Bidco has confirmed that it currently has received irrevocable undertakings to accept the offer in respect of 9.52% of Kaz’s issued share capital.
Market Tracker will continue to monitor this transaction as it develops.
For in-depth analysis of trends in UK Public M&A in 2020, including a look at takeover structures, look out for our Market Tracker full year trend report, to be released in Q1 2021.
Free trials are only available to individuals based in the UK
* denotes a required field
Market Tracker is a unique service for corporate lawyers housed within Lexis®PSL Corporate. It features a powerful transaction data analysis tool for accessing, analysing and comparing the specific features of corporate transactions, with a comprehensive and searchable library of deal documentation across 14 different deal types. The Market Tracker product also includes news and analysis of key corporate deals and activity and in-depth analysis of recent trends in corporate transactions.
0330 161 1234