Rely on the most comprehensive, up-to-date legal content designed and curated by lawyers for lawyers
Work faster and smarter to improve your drafting productivity without increasing risk
Accelerate the creation and use of high quality and trusted legal documents and forms
Streamline how you manage your legal business with proven tools and processes
Manage risk and compliance in your organisation to reduce your risk profile
Stay up to date and informed with insights from our trusted experts, news and information sources
Access the best content in the industry, effortlessly — confident that your news is trustworthy and up to date.
Find up-to-date guidance on points of law and then easily pull up sources to support your advice with Lexis PSL
With over 30 practice areas, we have all bases covered. Find out how we can help
Our trusted tax intelligence solutions, highly-regarded exam training and education materials help guide and tutor Tax professionals
Regulatory, business information and analytics solutions that help professionals make better decisions
A leading provider of software platforms for professional services firms
In-depth analysis, commentary and practical information to help you protect your business
LexisNexis Blogs shed light on topics affecting the legal profession and the issues you're facing
Legal professionals trust us to help navigate change. Find out how we help ensure they exceed expectations
Lex Chat is a LexisNexis current affairs podcast sharing insights on topics for the legal profession
Discuss the latest legal developments, ask questions, and share best practice with other LexisPSL subscribers
Eddie Stobart Logistics plc (Eddie Stobart) has recently been in the spotlight, having been the subject of a financial scandal, the centre of competing takeover bids and teetering on the brink of administration.
The company issued a statement on 13 November 2019 on the proposed offer by DBAY Advisors Limited (DBAY) following a story by Sky News that contained details of DBAY’s possible offer. The PUSU for DBAY (at the time of writing) is 5:00pm on 14 November 2019.
Under the terms of the offer, Eddie Stobart would become owned by a holding company majority owned (roughly 51%) by Douglas Bay Capital III Fund LP, a fund managed by DBAY. The remaining 49% shares would be owned by other existing shareholders of the company. This proposal would see around £55 million of financing injected into the company via a Payment in Kind (PIK) loan instrument.
Eddie Stobart made clear that this proposal was still being considered and that it would require approval at a general meeting if it was accepted.
The proposal, were it to be accepted, would be controversial because DBAY was the majority shareholder when Eddie Stobart listed in 2017 and received a big pay-out when it did sell its stake at the time. It is now proposing a deal which would effectively make it more difficult for independent, minority shareholders to exercise any influence over the company’s governance, finances or operations. A further complication for the deal is that it would require the approval of the company’s creditors. It was previously reported that Eddie Stobart’s creditors had instructed Alvarez & Marsal to advise on a potential restructuring of the company’s debt facilities, while Eddie Stobart had brought in Deloitte and Rothschild. Eddie Stobart is reportedly on the brink of administration and therefore needs the banks to support a rescue deal.
Trading in Eddie Stobart shares were suspended in August when the value of a share
Access this article and thousands of others like it free by subscribing to our blog.
Read full article
Already a subscriber? Login
Market Tracker is a unique service for corporate lawyers housed within Lexis®PSL Corporate. It features a powerful transaction data analysis tool for accessing, analysing and comparing the specific features of corporate transactions, with a comprehensive and searchable library of deal documentation across 14 different deal types. The Market Tracker product also includes news and analysis of key corporate deals and activity and in-depth analysis of recent trends in corporate transactions.
0330 161 1234