UK Merger Control: Law and Practice
- Product Id:
- Product Code:
- Publication Date:
UK Merger Control: Law & Practice covers in detail the rules of UK merger control. These rules have been significantly reformed by the provisions of the Enterprise Act 2002, and this essential work provides a comprehensive, in-depth analysis and description of the new regime.
The book covers the various institutions that administer merger control, including the details of the legal definition of a merger, the administrative details of the process of obtaining clearance from the OFT, an analysis of the new test by which mergers are assessed and details of the way in which UK merger control interfaces with EC merger control.
Written by two experienced advisers in this area of law, this comprehensive title provides substantial, practical and detailed commentary immediately useful and valuable to the practitioner.
- Introduction to UK merger control
- The institutions that administer merger control
- The legal definition of a relevant merger
- The administrative process for obtaining clearance from the OFT
- The Competition Commission's procedures in handling merger references under the Enterprise Act
- An analysis of the new test by which mergers are assessed
- The procedures for implementing remedies
- A commentary on the special regimes for public interest mergers
- Water mergers
- Details of the way in which UK merger control interfaces with EC merger control
- The appeals mechanism