Tolley's Property Taxation 2011-2012 eBook
- Product Id:
- Product Code:
- Publication Date:
For more information on LexisNexis eBooks, please visit www.lexisnexis.co.uk/en-uk/ebooksfaq.page
Tolley's Property Taxation is the essential reference book on property taxation in the UK - providing an answer to every query. Covering all current and proposed taxes on property, including CGT, SDLT, VAT and Income Tax, the book takes an integrated approach, looking at the interaction of taxes in certain areas, rather than just individually and provides authoritative answers to all your queries in a single volume.
Detailed chapters include all the common (and less common) situations for the practitioner and their client, covering everything from REITs and Other Fund Vehicles, to Capital Allowances and Rental Investments.
Technical issues are illustrated by examples throughout and, where relevant, detailed commentary on applicable case law and precedents supports in-depth research.
Also included this edition is a chapter on Community Infrastructure Levy.
Featuring authoritative planning advice from leading property tax specialists such as Martin Scammell and Patrick Cannon, Tolley's Property Taxation is written to assist the novice and expert alike, in whatever line of business where UK property is an issue.
Foreword by Liz Peace, Chief Executive, British Property Federation;
Preface by Mike Arnold, CTA (Fellow);
1. Introduction by Mike Arnold, CTA (Fellow);
2. Investment versus Dealing by Peter Cosmetatos, British Property Federation;
3. Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITS) by Peter Beckett, Ernst & Young LLP;
4. Other Fund Vehicles by Peter Beckett, Ernst & Young LLP;
5. Overseas Investors by Karin Roy, Ernst & Young LLP;
6. Property Investments? rents by Maria Kitt, C Hoare & Co;
7. Premiums by Dominic Rayner, KPMG LLP;
8. Development, redevelopment, refurbishment and maintenance by SeŠn Hanrahan, KPMG LLP;
9. Capital Expenditure-allowances by Hugh McIntosh, Tax Consultant;
10. Relief for interest payable by Harriet Brown, MA (Cantab), 15 Old Square;
11. Agricultural Land by Julian Palmer, Solicitor;
12. Woodlands by Julian Palmer, Solicitor;
13. Anti-avoidance by Marika Lemos, Barrister;
14. Capital gains tax by Rory Mullan, Barrister;
15. Value added tax by Martin Scammell, Consultant;
16. Stamp duty land tax by Patrick Cannon, Barrister;
17. Inheritance tax by Toby Harris, Tax Consultant;
18. Environmental taxes by Helen Devenney, Deloitte
19. Business Rates by Simon Tivey, National Rating Team Leader & Senior Manager, PwC;
20. Islamic Financing Structures in Real Estate by Irfan Butt, Senior Manager, PwC;
21. Property Planning in a Recession by Janet Paterson, Charter Tax Consulting Ltd