Takeovers: Law and Practice
- Product Id:
- Product Code:
- Publication Date:
Did you know there is a new edition of this book coming soon? Pre-order your copy of Takeovers: Law and Practice Second edition now.
Takeovers: Law and Practice is a comprehensive yet practical title covering fully the area of UK public takeovers. Written by leading practitioners in the field the book provides a practical approach and comprehensive analysis of the subject, including tax and accountancy, employment and competition issues.
Benefits of Takeovers: Law and Practice
- Takeovers: Law and Practice thoroughly guides you through all the steps required in a takeover, including extensive chapters on share dealings, merger control and conduct of offer.
- This title includes broad commentary on EU regulations and their impact within the UK market.
- Takeovers: Law and Practice truly is an essential work for anyone involved, or about to be involved in mergers and acquisitions.
1. Regulatory framework;
2. Structuring takeovers and mergers;
3. Pre-announcement steps, approach and announcements;
4. The offer timetable;
6. Mandatory offers;
7. Restrictions on and disclosure of share dealing;
8. Information requirements;
9. Equality of treatment;
10. Bid defence, deal protection and directors' duties;
11. Types of consideration;
12. Takeovers by Scheme of arrangement;
13. Alternative takeover and merger structures;
14. Compulsory Acquisition;
15. Takeover Directive;
16. Employee issues;
17. Merger Control and the Code;
18. EC merger control regime;
19. UK merger control;
20. Accounting for acquisitions and mergers;