Kelly's Legal Precedents 20th edition with CD-ROM
- Product Id:
- Product Code:
- Publication Date:
Formerly known as Kelly's Draftsman, kelly's legal precedents is an unrivalled practical research and drafting tool that provides a unique collection of the main forms and precedents practitioners are likely to need in their day-to-day practice.
kelly's legal precedents covers a broad range of subjects in depth. The accompanying CD-ROM allows completion of the precedents on screen and it uses clear, straightforward language and document construction.
Using kelly's legal precedents CD, it is simple to locate the material you require, either by entering a precedent or clause number or by navigating through the contents tree. At the click of a mouse button the CD enables you to find the precedent needed, print it out or copy it to a WP document and customise it to your precise requirements - all in a fraction of the time it could otherwise take. The result is an increase in productivity and an improvement to the quality of the finished product.
New to Kelly's Legal Precedents 20th edition
The new edition of kelly's legal precedents will be up-to-date with FA 2010 and incorporate all major legislative changes since the publication of the 19th edition, including:
- Changes coming through from the Companies and Charities Acts
- Employment Act 2008 (including discrimination - Equalities Bill to bring in new legislation in 2010)
- New pension law (to be covered in the employment chapter to anticipate the automatic enrolment into the pension scheme from 2012)
- Anti-terrorism laws - inclusion of money laundering forms, employment policy statements also to be considered, as might the corporate manslaughter law
- FA 2007-2010 changes impacting Trusts and family provisions are included in this version of kelly's legal precedents
Part A: BOILERPLATE & GENERAL
- June 120 Acts of Parliament enacted
- Virtual signing of documents and email signatures
Part B: COMPANY, COMMERCIAL & BUSINESS
- Unilateral reference to arbitration
- Companies Act 2006 articles of association
- Age equality in employment and partnership, and retirement policies, 24-hour NHS retirement
- Protecting employer's interests, confidentiality, poaching employees
- New family rights policy (adoption, paternity), home working, study leave
- Replacement of statutory disciplinary and grievance procedures, ACAS code
- Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006 and prevention of illegal working
- H&S risk assessments, stress, alcohol, drugs, safeguarding vulnerable persons
- Commercial website disclaimers
- Revised sale of shares and assets including heads of terms, tax covenants, limitations of liability, completion checklist, minutes
Part C: PRIVATE CLIENT & FAMILY
- Inheritance and other taxes, trusts and wills
- Crossley v Crossley and pre-nuptial agreements
- Lasting powers of attorney, attorney, family, declarations
Part D: PROPERTY - SALE, LEASES & MORTGAGES
- Residential tenancy deposits, rent deposit agreement and trust agreements
- New HMLR forms, including revised TR1, restrictions
- Revised Law Society codes for contract and completion by telephone etc
Part E: NOT FOR PROFIT
- Proprietor's club supported by members' club
- Social enterprises
"Many small practitioners face a difficult decision when deciding which precedent banks, if any, they need to buy. For many of them, Kelly's provides the answer because it is a one stop shop for clauses and agreements commonly used by practitioners. Impressively, Kelly's includes a whole number of simple and accessible sample clauses and agreements from property to employment to trusts.
Written by a team of leading practitioners, Kelly's has been completely re-organised so the material is split into four sections: general, private client, commercial and not for profit. This is an excellent feature. Like previous editions, the editors have managed to write agreements in plain English ensuring that clients (heaven forbid!) understand the documents. Similarly, each precedent is written in a standard format meaning clauses can be copied and pasted from one document to another with considerable ease.
Because the Companies Act 2006 did not receive Royal Assent before the nineteenth edition was published, the editors promised to produce (unusually for this series) a supplement. For many practitioners, this supplement will be an excellent feature because it gives a number of clear precedents for practitioners to build upon. Similarly, the CD-ROM continues to be easy to navigate with superb cross-references allowing the relevant precedent or clause to be quickly found, exported to a word processing document and amended.
Kelly's continues to be an indispensable resource of the main precedents. By maintaining its one volume of coherent and relevant precedents written in Plain English, the authors ensure Kelly's should remain close to hand. Its price also means it provides excellent value for money and is indispensable to any lawyer who regularly drafts agreements for their clients."
Student Law Journal, 2008