Housing - The New Law: A Guide to the Housing Act 2004
- Product Id:
- Product Code:
- Publication Date:
This practical new title from LexisNexis Butterworths is the first text to provide a full narrative guide to the Housing Act 2004, providing detailed analysis and commentary on the new law and its impact on practice.
Using examples, flow charts and summaries to demonstrate the practical implications of the new law in a digestible format, the book examines all the primary and secondary legislation ensuring practitioners are fully up-to-date with all the latest law and practice.
The Housing Act 2004 is the most radical measure to affect private sector housing and private landlords for decades. This is an essential work for all practitioners who will have to apply the new legislation.
1. Introduction and overview;
2. Enforcement of Housing Standards: General;
3. Enforcement of Housing Standards;
4. Houses in Multiple Occupation;
5. HMO Licences;
6. HMOs: How the new regulatory regime can be enforced;
7. The Selective Licensing of Residential Accomodation;
8. Part 3 Licences;
9. Management Orders and Private Rented Accomodation;
10. Empty Dwelling Management Orders and the Overcrowding Controls for Certain HMOs;
11. Home Information Packs;
12. Other Provisions about Housing: the Social Rented Sector;
13. Other Provisions about Housing: the Private Rented Sector;
14. Role and Function of the Residential Property Tribunal;
Appendix I: Statutes;
Appendix II: Rules, Orders and Regulations;
Appendix III: List of Residential Property Tribunal Forms;
Appendix IV: Useful Addresses.