Support for the Public SectorConference attendance
The Public Sector team at LexisNexis understands the importance of conference attendance for local authority lawyers – to maintain and develop practice knowledge and renew and develop professional networks. That is why we are committed to sponsoring, speaking and exhibiting at conferences throughout the year and help ensure these events continue.
You can come and speak to LexisNexis representatives at conferences including:
- The LLG Legal Training Weekend School
- The LLG Governance Conference
- The North West Legal Consortium training day
- The Exchange Chambers Housing conference
We also understand the that gaining insight for your day to day role is a key part of attending, and that is why colleagues from our LexisPSL Public Sector team present conference sessions. Most recently, Anne Kingsley and Neil Smith presented a breakout session at the LLG Weekend School entitled ‘Deprivation of liberty of those who lack capacity to consent to their care and treatment arrangements’.
LLG Local Government Legal Awards
LexisNexis has been proud to be a sponsor of these awards since their inception in 2014. We have been pleased to sponsor the following awards and congratulate their winners:
- Children’s Services and Education Team of the Year– Brighton & Hove City Council
- Junior Lawyer of the Year - Keiley Ann Broadhead, London Borough of Enfield
- Local Government Legal Professional of the Year – Graham Cole, Luton Borough Council