Advising step-parents and grandparents
As a family lawyer, you will know that families come in all shapes and sizes. We have provided a free practice note to help you advise both step-parents and grandparents, answering the key questions your client may ask you.
Our suite of content for step-parents covers:
- the acquisition of parental responsibility by step-parents and others
- the meaning and scope of parental responsibility
- procedure on an application for parental responsibility
- adoption by step-parents
- child arrangements orders
Download step-parents overview here
Our newly added suite of content for grandparents includes guidance regarding provision for contact with grandchildren, and answers client questions such as:
- What can I do if I am not allowed to spend time with my grandchildren?
- What is a child arrangements order?
- Who can apply?
- What is the procedure?
- What happens at court?
- How does the court decide what should happen?
Download grandparents overview here
This free content forms part of a suite of resources available in LexisPSL Family, and provides practical guidance to help you advise both core and wider family members.
Previous free content listings