LexisNexis Taxation Awards 2011 Winners Announced
15 winners recognised for excellence across the profession by UK’s leading tax awards
LONDON, 27 May, 2011 – LexisNexis UK, (www.lexisnexis.co.uk), a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions, today announced the winners of its Taxation Awards 2011. Established as the ‘gold standard’ of the tax industry, these awards were presented at a prestigious gala ceremony held on 26 May at the London Hilton, Park Lane attended by more than 600 tax professionals.
The awards, now in their twelfth year, honour organisations and individuals who have made outstanding contributions to the field of taxation, whether in practice or in commerce, commending both individuals and teams.
Mike Truman, Editor of Taxation magazine, said: “The Taxation Awards celebrate excellence within our profession. All our winners and finalists illustrate the best in innovation, client service and dedication to our profession, and should feel proud of their exceptional achievements which have been recognised by their peers and judged by a highly discerning panel.”
Judged by experts from the tax, accountancy and legal professions, the full list of winners includes:
- Best Big Four Tax Team - Deloitte - Dispute Resolution Group
- Best General Tax Practice - Wilson Partners
- Best High Net Worth Team - Deloitte International Private Client Team
- Best In-House Tax Team - Dixons Retail - The Tax Team
- Best International Tax Team - PwC - M&A Tax Team
- Best Tax Consultancy Team - E3 Consulting - Property Taxation Specialists
- Best Tax Investigations Team - McGrigors Tax
- Best Tax Team in a Large Firm - BDO
- Best Tax Team in a Law Firm - Burges Salmon - Tax Team
- Best Technological Innovation - IRIS Accountancy Solutions
- Best VAT Team - McGrigors - Tax
- Tax Writer of the Year - Graham Elliott, haysmacintyre
- Taxation's Rising Star - Zoe Wyatt, Haines Watts
- Tax Personality of the Year - David Gauke
- Lifetime Achievement - Bruce Sutherland - Bruce Sutherland & Co
About Taxation Awards 2011
LexisNexis Taxation Awards 2011 were held at the London Hilton, Park Lane on May 26 2011. The Taxation Awards made their debut in 2001 and quickly became recognised as a gold standard of excellence within the tax sector, growing to become a major annual event on the industry’s calendar.
For full details and photographs of the winners go to the Taxation Awards website.
The judging panel included:
- James Bullock, Partner, McGrigors
- Keith Gordon, Barrister, Atlas Chambers
- Penny Hamilton, Barrister, Pump Court Tax Chambers
- Andrew Hubbard, Immediate Past President, CIOT
- Chris Jones, Director Tax & Accountancy, LexisNexis
- Peter Penneycard, Tax Consultant, formerly of Winter Rule
- Chris Sanger, Chairman, ICAEW Tax Faculty
- Paula Tallon, Owner, Tallon Tax
- Mike Thexton, Taxation Awards Tax Writer of the Year 2010
- Mike Truman, Editor, Taxation
LexisNexis® (www.lexisnexis.com) is a leading global provider of content-enabled workflow solutions designed specifically for professionals in the legal, risk management, corporate, government, law enforcement, accounting and academic markets. LexisNexis originally pioneered online information with its Lexis® and Nexis® services. A member of Reed Elsevier [NYSE: ENL; NYSE: RUK] (www.reedelsevier.com), LexisNexis serves customers in more than 100 countries with 15,000 employees worldwide.
In the UK, LexisNexis (www.lexisnexis.co.uk) online legal solutions include: Lexis®PSL, Lexis®Check and Lexis®Library - named Online Product of the Year at the Legal Technology Awards. Published resources include both Butterworths and Tolley. LexisNexis provides the most comprehensive source of legal and tax commentary in the UK.
PR Manager, LexisNexis
T: 0207 400 2874
M: 077 9511 4743
Ogilvy PR Worldwide
T: 0207 309 1015