Increase productivity, accuracy and profitability.
Barristers are under increasing pressure to deliver a better service to clients, faster and to a
consistently high standard. With citation checking and proofreading available on our unique, multi-award winning Microsoft Word toolbar, you can ensure accuracy and showcase your specialist skills.
In just one click, Lexis Draft scans your Word documents for references to case law, legislation, regulations and statutory instruments, whilst also checking all citations against current
UK Legislation and Case Law in both newly drafted and client supplied documents. By reducing the
risk of errors, Lexis Draft allows you to spend more time focusing on your clients’ needs, building
your profile and generating new business opportunities.
With Lexis Draft you can:
- Check citations and find the best reported versions
- Get direct links to the full texts and judgments, law reports and legislation
- Significantly reduce the time it takes you to draft, check and proofread documents
- Create lists of authorities referred to in a current document, quickly and easily
- Get up-to-the minute legal status information
Plus, Lexis Draft links to LexisLibrary - the UK’s most authoritative and comprehensive collection of annotated legislation, cases, forms, precedents and commentary from Butterworths and Tolley.
Save time and be more efficient
Lexis Draft significantly speeds up the time it takes to monitor documents for changes in the law and the process of checking each citation.
Once it has found a citation or reference to legislation in a document, you can link through to the full text without the need to run searches or log into LexisLibrary.
Lexis Draft also allows you to quickly markup citations and then automatically create a list for inclusion in the Table of Authorities.
Always be accurate
- Cite the relevant law quickly using the in-built legal ‘spell check’ functionality when drafting or reviewing documents
- Quickly review skeleton arguments to ensure accuracy before submitting documents to the Court, mitigating the risk of mistakes
- Assist in the production of court bundles to find the correct content quickly
- Ensure that content is accurate and up-to-date if you write books on the law or are a technical author
Lexis Draft also helps you prevent mistakes by reviewing defined terms, inconsistent phrases, references and punctuation in your documents.
Make your research more effective
Lexis Draft is a simple way of getting to core content within the platform from Microsoft Word, by simply typing in a reference (a word, a case), and hitting the Lexis Draft toolbar.
We will work with your own IT team to roll out Lexis Draft
Minimum requirements are:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or later
- Micrsoft Word 2010 or later, 32 bit versions
Request a free demonstration today.